Here are the tools I used in 123D Design to make this customized pumpkin. I made it for my daughter’s Halloween party at school this Friday:
- Sphere. For obvious reasons!
- Draw rectangle. You need this to split the top and bottom of the pumpkin.
- Extrude, merge. This makes your rectangle 3D.
- Split solid. This does the splitting.
- Shell. To hollow out the pumpkin.
- Polygon. To draw one eye, nose and mouth.
- Polyline. To assist the Mirror tool below.
- Extrude, merge. To make the eye 3D.
- Mirror. This creates a second eye.
- Group. To link the eyes, nose and mouth together.
- Move, rotate. To position the face on the pumpkin.
- Extrude, subtract. To carve out the face on the pumpkin.
Name on back of pumpkin:
- Text. To create my daughter’s name in the model.
- Move, rotate. To position the name on the pumpkin.
- Extrude, subtract. To carve out the name on the pumpkin.
Holes for handles:
- Move, rotate. To line up the hole position.
- Extrude, subtract. To carve out the hole on the pumpkin.
Give it a try!
Don’t worry if you get stuck. We’re here to help!